Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Down with the Trade Federation

I have begun the E.Z.N.A Insect DNA Kit Protocol to see if it matches up to the previous protocol conducted in the last DNA extraction. I will see if this protocol will yield more DNA and this protocol will be a control as well. I did electrophoresis on the new DNA and we tried looking at it under a UV lighting device, but it did not turn out the way we expected. I will have to run another electrophoresis in order to see the DNA bands again. It's still a mystery, but a mystery that can easily be solved!
                                              

On another note, Josh allowed me to use a dremel in order to cut plexiglass to make my ant farm! It was my first time working with a hand tool and I did not think I would be trusted with such a machine. I ended up cutting the glass and glued it together with a hot glue gun. Now all that needs to be done is putting some silicon on it.  

                                    
I can't wait to have my family of ants in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment