Friday, September 30, 2016

A Newbie at Kamino

As everyone knows, I have been interning with Kathleen at TGen. She is a really awesome person from Wisconsin and I am now starting to believe all really cool people come from Wisconsin. These past couple of weeks I have been learning about CRISPR, and I have been learning the TGen SDS system. This past week I was in the lab helping Kathleen with sorting out reagents from kits to dispose. We had to compartmentalize everything based on their pictograms and chemicals. It is such a great experience working in the TGen office.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Cel,
    CRISPR is always a interesting subject to me. It's a great subject to research. When I was in Bangladesh,I with my professor and some of my classmates decided to research on it. But I had to come here after few weeks; I did not able to finish it. But I really happy for you that you are researching on it, and loving it. CRISPR interference technique has many useful application such as preventing bacteriophage infection, conjugation, and natural transformation by degrading foreign nucleic acids that enter the cell. I am really want to know that how do you compartmentalize everything based on their pictograms and chemicals? Excited to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Response to: A Newbie at Kamino By Celena Parras
    Being with S-Stem for four years sounds very fun, especially since the mentors are very fun to hang around with and learn from. I was wondering what exactly is CRISPR, or at least what it stands for? Anyways youre internship sounds like a blast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cel! We miss having you around the lab but we are glad you are getting new experiences. What other tasks do you do at TGen? What do you feel you've learned so far? -Cori

    ReplyDelete