Thursday, October 15, 2015

Figuring Out the Confederacy and Moving Further

I was looking at photos of my gels from the previous semester and I figured out why my bands were not coming out as great as they should. The best primer to use for amplification of my ant DNA should be primer 4. The photos of the bands amplified from primer 4 are the most clear.
Here is the photo compared to the primer I was using.

The primer I was using.

 
The primer I will be using from now on.
 


This week I was mainly working on my research proposal that I did not get to run the new PCR, but I will as soon as I can. My proposal dealt with my new project on extracting DNA from
Cylindropuntia bigelovii (teddy bear cholla). I cannot wait to start the cacti DNA extraction protocol. I'll be super busy in the lab even more from now on!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment